Monday, August 4, 2008

First Visit




My baby it was with great joy I learnt you have chosen me to be your mother. On that beautiful night of August I heard you knocking at my door and to my great surprise I discovered you were there standing smiling upon me. Your Mother.
Thus started our great journey... One smile at a time. I have been waiting for so long. There were days where I lost complete hope, others where I had the energy to conquest the world for you. But now all is past, you are here. You and I one in this shell called love. United at last with the faithfully bond of destiny. Our love guided us to one another and we will get together to a safe shore. Our journey had just began.
Nine months my soul you have taken over me. I was the instrument to give you life. There were days where I could barely move, think but your gentle soul was always looking over me, giving me courage. One day, when you reached six month, you excitement to meet me became very noticeable and you were begging me to come out. I had to gently ask you to wait few more moons...
We spent endless night talking to one another. You discovered my voice and I your touch. Like a gentle guest you never hurt me. I talked to you about things I see, I feel and hope and you always listened to me patiently, you answered were few but I always heard you.
The Dr told me I should expect you on a beautiful Friday in May. That evening I waited patiently for a sign but you never gave me one, you were teasing me. I went for a long walk with the men of your tribe, we walked and walked to forget that the following day. My mother, your grandmother, came all the way from Morocco bringing tons of gifts. Her and I went through the same journeymany many years ago and now she came to hold our hands through this inititiation.
I woke up on Friday and there I got a sign, you were ready to come. I asked your baba to stay and help me, the three of us worked together and we welcomed you on May 20th at 12:06.
I just love you, you have tons of hair.
Mama

No comments: