Monday, January 26, 2009

Thursday

I woke up to a chilly morning. It was cold outside, snuggling under my blanket I wanted to keep this warm fuzzy feeling before jumping outside my world to the cold world outhere. I aksed my husband to turn on the radio so I can listen to the morning news on my way of waking up. Little was my surprise when I heard that my company was laying off people this morning. I jump out of the bed, went to the bathroom and looked at myself on the mirror. The image I got back was of a scared woman, a woman who didn't know what the next hours will bring to her life. I utter few words and did my usual routine in a mechanical way. Dressed my son, asked him to make a prayer for mummy, kissed my husband who ask me how I felt, I replied "how would you feel", he replied bad. I didn't reply but smiled.
I drove all the way to work this morning after empting my bag planning for the worst that can happen. I was aksing myself, if it was what should I take with me. There was nothing I could think about. Only my mother, my father... How can I keep on helping them? How can I survive the jungle outthere. I am scared but I have faith. Everything happens for a reason.
I got to work and in the conference room, my boss was sitting there waiting. Waiting for me? No for the team to come so we can have a meeting. My first words were, have you heard about the Layoff. He said yes. so the next logical question: Am I affected? If you were youwould have known by now. A sight of relief...
I kept on going with my day, my friend came to take me to lunch for my BBD, we talked about the situation and I told her not to worry, she would have known by now if she was affected. Little did I know.
2:45 she sent me message. I got laid off... My heart dropped, my jaw crisped and my thoughts started running a 1000 km a sec. so it is now over, should I cry for her for me for the 1000 who are being affected. I didn't know how to react. I was looking at my inbox clued to the messages that would come telling me that was it.
3:00 came and i was relieved with a bitter tast in my mouth....
tomorrow is another day. Tomorrow will bring something different. tomorrow it could be me....

It is scary out there... but I have faith.

No comments: